Thursday, February 7, 2013

WE had our first puppy DHPP shots today!

 


Bright and early this morning, the pups went on a car ride to visit our friendly vet, Dr. Estle for our DHPP shot.  Brave woman that I am, I did feed them a small meal early and kept my fingers crossed that it would not be a 'barf fest' during the ride.  After about 10 minutes of whimpering, they all were quite.  I brought along the potty box and they used it appropriately.  :+)  I do believe one pup did barf, but it was 'cleared up' before I parked at the vets.  (Dogs do those sort of things.)

Happily, the stool sample I brought in was 'negative' and I always am so pleased when that happens.  Each pup was examined and proclaimed 'in great shape'.  All hearts were strong with no murmurs heard, no hernias were detected, ears were clean, no complaints with hip extensions and no one yipped at the shot.  A very good visit.  :+)

They rode home in total silence and once back in their puppy room, went outside to play.  They love using the dogie door now and go in and out all day long.  I love my pups to get as much outdoor exposure as possible even in cold weather.  Naturally, I will have to shorten their exposure during this 'impending' blizzard.  Keeping fingers crossed all will be fine with no loss of electricity but I think I might be asking for a bit much so am preparing for the worse.  I thank God, I don't have a newborn litter at this time!  Whew!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments: