Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Figgy's litter!

Now that we all know they have arrived and the stats are listed below, I can breathe a sigh of relief that all went well. Interesting, but well.
  • Black Male arrived at 7:05 pm and weighed 8 5/8 ounces (Teal Boy)
  • Apricot Female arrived at 7:25 pm and weighed 13 7/8 ounces (Lilac Girl)
  • Black Male with white chest and chin arrived at 7:38 pm and weighs 11 1/4 ounces (Red Boy)
  • Apricot Female with white markings arrived at 9:05 pm and weighs 12 1/2 ounces (Peach Girl)
  • Apricot Female with some white markings was born outside on the turf at 9:47 pm and weighs 10 7/8 ounces (Lime Girl).  Figgy really needed to walk around to get in the right position to birth her.
A rather interesting fact is that Teal Boy, the firstborn, is a little guy and Fig was pacing my office when she started having strong contractions. She began to leak and I hurriedly tried to get her into the whelping box. We just made it when Teal Boy literally slipped out onto the whelping area. Somehow, Figgy managed to walk, lick, deliver and clean the fellow all at once.  I was shocked to see him looking 'spic and span' on the towels.

Figgy then settled in to whelp the next three without a hitch. As we were waiting for the last one to be born, once again Figgy felt the need to move about. I decided she may need to potty so we went outdoors. I had a towel with me 'just in case' and sure enough - while outdoors Figgy humped up and delivered the last pup right on the turf! I waited until she was done licking and cleaning, then reached for the pup but it was gone! What??!!?? I quickly went to look in Figgy's mouth and there it was! She very smartly pranced right into the house and deposited it in the whelping box with her littermates.  Gotta love a smart mom.  :+)





12 comments:

  1. Yes, I knew you would be jumping for joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is putting it mildly! I have a perma smile :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Santa listened..this is waaaay better than Christmas! Where are the markings? Head? Toes? Tail? I cant wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as I can tell: a white dash on her head, white on feet and chest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute! Are you double checking these to make sure they are females...make sure you have good lighting lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I don't have good lighting but I think I am correct. Tomorrow morning will tell for sure. Ha, ha - now you will not sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is not nice Joyce :) Figgy let you get sleep tonight and I should get some too. lol Now where is that last female?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I checked again and I do have two females. So there! :+) Now we wait for the last one to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You!! I'm going to get you a little head lamp to wear when you are monitoring deliveries lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha Never a dull moment at Annabelle doodles! Congrats to Figgy and you for a job well done. :) Can't wait to see the pics

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cuties Joyce! I have been on top of the world all day! Give Figgy a big hug from the Lennox family!

    ReplyDelete