Sunday, August 17, 2014

Moved pups early.

I decided to move the pups from my office setting to the puppy room.  Initially, I planned to do this Wednesday but wanted them to be totally settled and comfortable a few days before Figgy comes to stay with us for her delivery.

When Tillie x Dublin had their litter, I moved them at 1 1/2 weeks old and they did much better than when I moved litters at 2 1/2 weeks old.  I realized that the later time took a bit longer for them to acclimate because both their eyes and ears were opening and this coupled with the 'smell' of a different location confused them.  Earlier is better because when their eyes and ears open, they will already be familiar with their environment.

So, the whelping area under my desk has been disinfected and is awaiting the arrival of Miss Figgy on Friday of this coming week.  :+)

I must say that Tate was so happy her guardian visited again yesterday and took her for a walk. I am always so pleased when my guardians come over to spend some 'one on one' time with their new momma. I have never had a problem with the girls settling back down to the routine after a visit. It is far better that they know their owners will see them often, rather then they stay away for the entire 6 weeks. I always welcome these visits and enjoy answering questions or concerns. The more we both understand each others needs or concerns, the more enriched our relationship becomes.  :+)

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet little family all snuggled in. Tate has the sweetest face and her eyes are so expressive.

    Now, "Bring us some Figgy Pudding, Yes! Bring us some Figgy Pudding, Oh bring us some Figgy Pudding and bring it right now!...We won't go until we get some ...lol I'll stop :) But we really want some Figgy Pudding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Yes, you do know why Figgy was named Holiday Figgy Puddin'! And, yes we are very much hoping there will be a 'good helping' of Figgy Puddins!

      Delete