Friday, August 22, 2014

Holiday Figgy Puddin' had her x-ray today.

It clearly showed five good sized puppies waiting to be born. Her guardian wanted to keep her for the weekend and that was fine with me.

I have contacted the people on her list regarding the realities of color, gender and size:

  • There should be an assortment of colors ranging from black to cream to apricot - there will be no chocolate, cafe, lavenders or caramels.
  • All the pups will be of medium size as both parents are mediums so no minis or doodles in the 20 +/- weight range.
  • I don't have a crystal ball, so genders will be known when the pups are born.  :+)
  • As far as coats, most should have curl and be soft in texture.
Until they are born, this is the best I can do!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy about this litter I may just take out my Christmas Tree today and truly celebrate it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. While your in the Christmas spirit, please ask Santa for more than one girl in the litter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kidding..Dublin don't fail us now! I think we deserve a reverse of Miss Tate's litter, it's only fair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true! I like 'fair and equitable'. :+) Although, I have to admit that Tate's pups are adorable and I am loving those boys!! Now that all their eyes are open, their faces have so much character. It is so evident Hattie McGee is a girl amongst those linebacker males. :+)

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your last few days of quiet before the next batch of puppies. It's amazing how fast Tate's puppies are growing. Can't wait to see them start to develop personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, Elizabeth! I am suppose to have Figgy here as well on Monday so it will be busy around here for sure. I don't think Tate's pups will ever walk - they are too fat! :+)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Albert (then known as "Fat Albert" for reasons well documented: see ClaraxClifford Nov 2010) was 2.96 lbs at 2 weeks. He is now a beautiful, lean 45 lbs, so Tate's pups will walk just fine lol!

      Gorgeous litter, Joyce!

      Delete
    2. I remember him so well, Kelly! So darn funny the girls wanted to keep the name Albert. LOL! These guys are finally beginning to lift off - a few more days.

      It is like deja vu, I put in a small dish of Goat's Milk in with the pups and Yellow Boy was truly in his element. He put his head in the dish and started lapping like a pro! He got his fill and 'rolled' off to take a nap. Gotta love those 'fat Albert' look alikes!

      Delete