Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A week has gone by and Figgy's pups are thriving.

Although they don't do much but nurse and crawl a bit, they are gaining well (some too well!). As I type, I can hear them gulping milk which tells me why it is necessary to change their collars to the next size today! She does miss them when I take the pups for a car ride to imprint car movement early. She also watches me like a hawk when I weigh them and do Early Neurological Stimulation on her babies. Fig sniffs every single one to make sure 'I didn't hurt' any of them - rather cute.

Figgy is a doting mom but enjoys her moments settling in with us watching tv at night; and during the day, she enjoys chilling on the cool floor of the kitchen.  Figgy gets along with all the dogs in the house.  She and Tate have done very well together and go outdoors to potty with no issues - a good thing!  Of course, we are very careful to be sure Fig's litter is behind closed doors to prevent any potential mishaps.  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of risk!

Here are pics of these cuties at one week old:

Peach Girl is 1 lb. 12 oz at one week. A hunk.

Red Boy with that cute mustache and goatee going! He weighs 1 lb. 8 oz. at 1 wk.

Chunky Lilac Girl weighs 1 lb. 13 oz. at one week.

Lime Girl is 1 lb. 7 oz. at one week.

And sweet little Teal Boy is 1 lb. 4 oz. at one week!

I took them for their fourth car ride today and they slept like the babies they are.
Such pretty coats on every one of them.  :+)

As life happens, a client wanted to do a switch to another litter which allows me to keep one of the girls back for a potential Guardian Home!  I had a wonderful contact the other day, so am looking forward to that possibility.  :+)

3 comments:

  1. Love all the white toes and red boys little goatee! The kids will be so excited for new pics when they get home from school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I am dying. My littlest little and I have been looking at their pics all day ("more puppies mama? more puppies?") :) What beautiful sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sure are cuties. A few more weeks and visitors will be welcomed! :+)

    ReplyDelete