Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Here are Tate's Individual Pup Pics!

I posted below on their developments this past week and I hope you enjoyed reading all about them. Since it is a perfect day with a nice breeze, their individual pics were taken outdoors once again.

Blue Boy at 4 weeks is 3 1/2 lbs.

Tip O'Keefe aka Keefer weighs 4 1/2 lbs at this time.

Black Boy weighs the same as Keefer - 4 1/2 lbs.

Green Boy is right on his target weight - 4 lbs. at 4 weeks.

Mighty Haddie McGee is 3 lbs. at 4 wks.



The meaning of a name has always been of interest to me and I admit to being a bit of a nut when it comes to how they intertwine with my life.  I love the research and the connections of why I name a guardian doodle what I do.  It can be an inspiration from a movie, book, street sign, cartoon or figment of any one's imagination!
I have been blessed to find a wonderful guardian home for Keefer from this litter. Unfortunately Haddie's guardian home felt it best to wait for a Spring puppy.  So HADDIE McGEE is seeking a guardian home placement. The name Haddie means 'Home Ruler'.  It is a form of 'Harriet' and equates with strength and leadership.  Hmmmm....how odd that Miss Harriet Potter carries that meaning so well and so does Haddie's mom, Tate O'Reilly! Haddie is related to Harriet similar to a 'distant cousin'. Now 'McGee' has more of a Gaelic/Mythological history with an Irish/Scottish flare but loosely interpreted means 'a descendant of the pagan god AODH (pronounced 'eh') which means fire. Haddie's dad, Thomas, is quite fiery red in color hence that surname.

My male pick was also rather easy as from the moment Yellow Boy was born, I remarked to myself - 'holy cow, he sure resembles his dad, Thomas'! TIP O'KEEFE means 'the son of gentle Thomas'. Who knew Tip is a nickname for Thomas? It also has the dual purpose of flattering the kennel Thomas came from - Tip of the Shore Labradoodles. Interestingly, Keefe means 'gentle' - how fitting and true.



2 comments: