Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lots going on with Tate's 4 week old litter!

Although there have been many changes and new experiences in their very short life so far, it has just begun!  Here are some pics of what has been going on here this week.


We have had a walk in my dogie stroller complete with mommy Tate tagging along. I loaded the pups and then clipped Tate to the stroller and they waited patiently for me to join them.  There was plenty of whining at first because a stroller ride is very different and lots of cars and trucks whipped by.  I do expect that continued stroller rides will be enjoyed by all of them once they have more excursions.  I am looking forward to the cooler weather to do them! As you can see, the pups are wondering what is in store for them.




When we returned home, I placed the pups in the 'Front Porch' pen under our fan because the afternoon became much too hot.  The pups no longer sit down to dinner, they feed 'countertop style' now!





A new arrangement in the pup room!  My old and very much loved Mr. Frog is in there for the pups to cuddle with. No more bedding is on the floor but I continue with the rubber play tiles because the pups still need a non slippery surface at this time.  Also, there is just pellets in their litter box and they are using it more and more.

Mr. Frog has had a very long run with the litters here at ADNE! Blue Boy & Haddie McGee show how much they enjoy his soft coat and big 'buggy' eyes!

The pups were so happy to meet him and climbed all over and then settled under his fat arms and legs.




Keefer was having a ball with this crunchy toy. He was happily playing with it until Black Boy rolled onto him and they began wrestling.





I might add that this week also brought out all their sharp puppy teeth - ouch!  Their menu has changed as well and I have begun feeding them canned Tripe along with some Goat's Milk.  Tate continues to nurse but she is being slowly weaned from them. It takes about a week or so to finish the process and is totally dependent on the momma doodle. What works for her is what I do.


3 comments:

  1. So much going on! These wee ones are so cute! I love the shot of Tate waiting by the stroller with her babies..such a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was so good on the walk too. Didn't get upset if the pups whined at all, just enjoyed herself. I look forward to doing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tate just looks so compliant..She must be a real sweetheart to have around. Nice solid temperament on these pups for sure :)

    ReplyDelete