Sunday, February 7, 2016

It is early in the morning and Hazel is whelping! PICS!

Hazel had been quite uncomfortable and panting excessively all day Saturday and I knew she was in early stage labor. I decided it would be easier on my back to have her snuggle with me on the couch for bedtime and sure enough, right around 12:30 she began to have some small contractions. So I immediately got her set up under my desk and by 1 am, I could see the first pup making its journey into the world.

  • 1:11 am - Black Female weighing 9 ounces - Rose Collar
  • 1:30 am - Creamy Apricot Female weighing 6 3/4 ounces - Lilac Collar
  • 2:15 am - Black Female weighing 7 5/8 ounces - Denim Collar
  • 2:47 am - Creamy Apricot Male weighing 6 3/4 ounces - Checker Collar
  • 3:10 am - Creamy Apricot Male weighing 7 1/4 ounces - Navy Collar
  • 3:58 am - Creamy Apricot Male weighing 6 5/8 ounces - Lime Collar
  • 4:55 am - Apricot Male weighing 8 1/2 ounces - Copper Collar

All went well and I look forward to taking a nap later on to be ready for the game this evening. :+)






                                     

12 comments:

  1. Adorable! Well done Joyce and Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,my goodness! Good work, Hazel! So, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all! Hazel has been chowing down food and drinking well. Has gone to potty outside several times too. She is content and pups seem to be satisfied, warm and snuggly like little mice! :+)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. My Monkey Mae now has little baby monkeys running around. So cute! Ezra must be especially thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all pretty excited, Shayla. But Ezra misses her and keeps crying.

      Delete
  5. Adorable Joyce! Congrats to Emmett, Hazel and Joyce! Beautiful pups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice TWO black females, Roxann? This is the exact same outcome in colors as their first litter together but the two blacks were males. This time females! Yea!

      Delete
  6. I know! Indeed I noticed! I guess Emmett heard you loud and clear! Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay on the black females. What a pretty litter. I find it quite interesting that all of the females were born first...

    ReplyDelete