Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Hazel's litter has taken their first whiff of Maine fresh air today!

Late this afternoon, as I was shoveling the alleyway and enjoying some sunshine, I left the outside puppy door open to the ramp. Very quickly, several little faces were watching me and numerous toes began dancing at the edge of the door.  Russet Boy was the brave little man who made the pilgrimage down the ramp first and Camo Boy was quickly second. The rest finally followed.  Buttercup was last as she agonized with her decision to leave the protective doorway.  What happy tails they all had as their noses searched the snowy ground - a couple even pottied outdoors!  I brought them back in rather quickly because they were wet from playing in the snow and the sun was going down.

After their dinner, I decided to see if they would venture out again using the dogie door. I turned on the outside light and watched......Camo Boy was the first to stick his head out the dogie door and skip down the ramp.  So, out they all followed to play in the night for about 10 minutes.

Tomorrow is suppose to be another decent day, so let's hope for more sunshine so I can take some pics of these little 'ewoks' outdoors. :+)

5 comments:

  1. What brave mini pups.....a whole new world to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but it sure is a small one! They do enjoy it though but for very short segments as I don't want them to get cold. More snow coming and another big storm brewing for the weekend. Holy cow. :+(

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are still trying to dig out from the last storm! Ugh! I am glad tomorrow's weather is going to cooperate for your temperament testing. An exciting day for all tomorrow😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. So are we! While the pups are indoors, I am sprinkling 'dog safe' ice crystals to help melt the snow and ice layers to scrape up before the next storm hits. They are indoors as another layer works its magic during the night. Tomorrow morning, I will scoop up the loose snow and continue all day until it is removed. Ice is the worse because the pups can easily slip on it and pull a muscle.

    Tomorrow will be exciting! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I missed this entry yesterday or I would have been checking for pictures all day! I feel like I'm in labor, haha.

    ReplyDelete