Thursday, February 19, 2015

It has been a busy day! After our visitors left today, baths began in earnest!

I use to always give baths AFTER they had their surgeries but when I began sending pups home at 10 weeks rather than 12 weeks, I had to change that practice. My vets suggest no bathing for 10 days after a surgery so now I give baths BEFORE they go in. I have to say, it does make the preparations for pup pick up easier.  :+)

After their bath, I trimmed ears and nails. Blow drying and using a brush to fluff up their coats was enjoyed by all of them which surprised me as many pups are afraid of the dryer. By far though, their favorite part of bath day was the towel rubbing! Here are some pics of 'what they endured' to be beautiful.

Sailor was first and a real trooper!

Bella is just adorable in this shot.

Can you believe this boy? Yep, Novak. Thought he was at the spa and just laid there enjoying his 'towel massage'.

Here is Clementine during her rinse, very tolerant.

Mac Gregor all soaped up!

An ear trimmed up.

Blue is ever grateful his bath is finished.

Lil Abner enjoying the dryer.

I bleached the floor and put down one of their favorite big stuffed animals. All their toys are being washed.

Some cute and fluffy pups!!!
Tomorrow, I will continue to bleach again and set up their crates to house 2 or 3 pups each. They will be somewhat separated for a couple of days while they heal. My biggest problem will be stopping them from wrestling!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm exhausted just thinking about bathing, drying, and trimming 7 puppies. Novak is hysterical! Such a little character. They look like they want more of your affection, Joyce! Hoping all goes well for everyone tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, you so know how to capture the moment! Wonderful pics of these sweet pups☺️
    Smooth sailing tomorrow.....

    ReplyDelete