Friday, June 21, 2019

Our first vet visit and car ride! GUNNY X BOOMER LITTER

A successful ride to the vets this morning!  The pups did great and Gunny, who is not generally a happy car rider, did well too.

Both mom and pups were examined and declared 'doing well' by Dr. LaPine.  I always remove any dew claws from my pups for grooming convenience as well as safety from getting them snagged on brush when outdoors.  There are lots of reasons not to do them as well.  You can research the pros and cons on Google.  :+)


For the safety of the pups and mom, I wait in the car until they have a room ready.  I then carry mom in while a vet tech carries the pups in a soft carrier I have.  This way there is no exposure to any of them from any dog in the waiting room that may be ill or contaminated.  The pups are whisked to the surgical area for dew claw removal while the mom is on a cleaned table waiting for her exam.  Then we carry all of them back to my car.  The pups are way too young to be able to fight any kind of germs, so I prevent exposure.

When I get back home, I keep them in the car until I change the bedding in the whelping box and all come to a clean and fresh area.

2 comments:

  1. Oh babies!! I can't wait to meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there today picking up ear cleanser for Brinkley. Wish we’d crossed paths. I would have loved sneaking a peek at these little ones.

    ReplyDelete