Sunday, April 27, 2014

HAZEL MAE - Mini Labradoodle

Oh boy am I so pleased with this little soft bundle of hair! Hazel is such a social butterfly who has had lots of exposure to kids, places and things.

Her guardian does a lot of home-schooling and I do believe Hazel will become a 'chapter' in their science lessons when she is expecting a litter. What a wonderful way to learn about genetics and pregnancy.

Hazel will be one of my true mini lines and I expect her litters to produce the cutest replicas of herself but with some color variations.


Hazel reminds me so much of a mini Annabelle.
Hazel's compact silhouette.














Words from the CHILDREN of this Guardian Family:


This will be my first narrative from the perspective of children with regard to how being a guardian family impacts their life. An enlightening and worthwhile view. :+)


From Zack:

'Having a guardian dog is a lot of fun, I mean A LOT of fun. But when you do things like this, it obviously takes a lot of responsibility, like picking up the poop and taking the dog out early in the morning, and training them. Whether it’s that or it’s feeding them 2-3 times a day, these are all of the normal things of taking care of a dog.  
Having a guardian dog is even more work. You need to bring them to Maine for testing. You have to make sure their hair never gets matted. When they go into heat, you can't take them to the park and you have to put a diaper on them. When it's time for her to mate you have to go to Joyce's a couple times. When she is pregnant, we have to feed her different stuff. And she's really tired.
But some things just cancel out the hard labour, like the love and kisses that the dogs give you. Having a dog can help you, like if you are blind it can be trained to help you walk around, or if you have low blood sugar a dog can be trained to sense a drop in blood sugar. There are other things that a dog is good for. They say men live longer with a dog, which is good for my dad.
We've also learned a lot about animals from this. We learned a lot about the reproductive system of female dogs. We even got to see an x-ray of her when she had seven puppies in her. And seeing her puppies was awesome.
If you are thinking about getting a dog or a guardian dog, you should do it!'
From Ezra

'Getting a dog was awesome and it changed my life for the better. So what I remember is that when I was looking for a pet and I had just about decided on a snake when my mom, (who was distressed). said how about a dog and I said sure but I wasn't convinced, I still wanted a snake. A few months later we were all set to pick up our new dog. I was the first one to be persuaded but it took my dad a lot longer. 
     Once we got her, we took her home and we took her on a walk.  It went terribly and she wouldn't move.  But when we got back to the house it got worse.  First thing she did when we got home was she jumped up on the couch and she peed.  We were still playing with her and snuggling her and that was the first day.
     For the next week my mom was on the edge of her nerves because it was so unusual for her to have a pet and it was taking a lot of energy. but after the first week everything started to pick up.  She started taking her dog training lessons and we learned how to take care of her.
     I really bonded with her for the next few months.  And whenever there was nothing to do there was always my sweet dog to play with or snuggle with.  And nowadays I can't really imagine what life was like without her.  She's my best friend.
I like taking care of her so I don't mind changing her diapers when she's in heat. The only thing that's hard is when we have to leave her in Maine for breeding or to have her babies. Whenever we drop her off, I cry. And I feel awful when she's gone.
But it's worth it. We couldn't afford a dog if it wasn't a breeder dog. So even if I hate having her gone, getting Hazel was the best thing we ever did.'



STATS AND CERTIFICATIONS
:
  • DOB:  December 11, 2012 out of our Australian Labradoodle, Camden Rose, a light apricot/cream and Percy Jaxon of ADNE, an apricot and white Cockapoo.
  • Size/Color/Coat:  Hazel Mae is about 16 inches and 18 lbs.  Her coat is a glorious deep apricot color of soft, lush fleece.  Color DNA is:  BBee and she may be parti factored. 
  • von Willebrand's Disease - Cleared through parentage. Copies of parents provided.
  • Thyroid/Blood Work/Chemistry and TgAA (-1) - 12/20/13 from Hemopet HML#56016.
  • Hips - 1/15/2014 OFA Prelims are 'Good' at 1 year of age. Hazel's official P/H score is .37 and .36 (90% ) which is an excellent percentage.  
  • Patellar Luxation (knees) - Done on 1/14/2014 is 'Normal'.  OFA# HY-PA680/12F/P-VPI.
  • Elbows - Prelim is Normal.
  • Legg-Calves-Perthes - Done on 1/14/2014 is 'Normal'.  OFA# HY-LP58/12F-VPI.
  • OFA Eye CERF's - Clear and Normal as a pup; 11/03/13, 4/21/14 - 'Normal' 
  • PRA/prcd - Clear through parental DNA.  Copies provided.
  • Heart - Normal on 4/22/14 by Cardiologist Auscultation OFA# HY-CA999/26F/C-VPI
  • Incorrect Coat:  IC Normal (FF)


    PEDIGREE:


1 comment:

  1. Adorable labradoodle. This is a nice blog, more power to your site and have a nice day!

    Xoxo
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete