Saturday, April 5, 2014

We had our vet check up today!

This morning, I weighed the pups and was happy to note that all gained a bit during the night.  That assures me that Tillie is eating plenty and drinking well to keep herself hydrated to produce quality milk - a very good sign that everything is normal.

I always have my moms checked by my vet after they deliver because if they are not all cleaned out, bacteria can develop and cause complications.  I also have the dew claws taken off the pups so as adults, they don't get torn during play or romping in the woods, etc.  It is done for prevention of a potential injury whether by a groomer or life's activities in general.  Many breeders do not do this but I do.  Although you will find pros and cons for both sides of 'keeping or removing', Labradoodles are not racing or sledding dogs.  They can still run, turn, swim, do agility, etc. without dew claws, so I opt for removal.

The ride there and back was nice and smooth and they settled in quickly when back in their whelping box.

No comments:

Post a Comment