Friday, April 11, 2014

Unbelievable, Tillie's pups are a week old today.

What sweetie pies they all are! Nice weight gain on all and the Early Neurological Stimulation exercises I do on each pup in the morning is going well.

I do plan to take them for another car ride today to help imprint car movement as a positive not a negative feeling. This has been successful in minimizing car aversion. It is not 100% but it certainly has helped on many of my litters.

All are doing well and growing like crazy. Tillie takes breaks now and even allows the other girls in the room with them but is still letting them know these are 'her babies'. Tillie is VERY tolerant and I am quite pleased by her accepting demeanor.

Enjoy the Week 1 pics.  :+)

Purple Girl - 1 lb. 8 ozs.

Neon Boy - 1 lb. 4 ozs.

Orange Boy - 1 lb. 11 ozs.

Teal Girl - 1 lb. 5 ozs.
You will notice that their noses are beginning to darken quite a bit from their birth pictures. Each week they will continue to do so until black. They are such content puppies at this stage.

7 comments:

  1. So sweet and content looking! I can't wait to see their little eyes peek open. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once they do, it is look out world! :+)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! As soon as I read your last sentence of your post, I thought "Enjoy the peace now, Joyce, cause their eyes will be open soon, and then its a whole 'nother story!" They are so precious right now, and I swear, I can smell that sweet puppy smell through my computer screen ;-)

      Delete
  3. They look so kissable...what sounds do they make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound like squeaky toys. :+) When they drink, they 'gulp'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Quechee (one of Joyce's babies born 8/26) is a wonderful car traveler and I give Joyce all the credit. Our puppy day care provider picks her up and drops her off each day in a Smart Car and you should see the sight of her riding shotgun! The husband of the day care provider tells a great story -- one day he left her locked in the car so he could drop off another pup. Suddenly he heard the horn honking. Quechee was standing in the drivers seat laying on the horn and staring him straight in the eye as he did. He said the whole street of pedestrians (in Boston) we're laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! That 'Q' girl is quite the character! I am sure a few Bostonians going to work shared that one! What a great story, still chuckling. :+)

    ReplyDelete