Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Tillie's pups on Day 4.

Tillie continues to eat well and enjoys her brief breaks from her 24 hour job of taking care of the pups. Last night she even took a few minutes to sit on my lap and watch t.v.- a brief break is welcomed and enjoyed.

I don't know why I am always amazed when first time moms do such an exceptional job - especially since wild dogs do this all the time with no people intervention!  :+)

Obviously, Tillie's milk is rich and plentiful because each of these pups are already over a pound in weight!!

You will notice that I have switched from the white pee pads to a blue bedding.  This fluffy looking material is called Vet Bed and it is like a child's diaper - it will whisk any urine down through the fluff to prevent the pups lying on any wet surfaces.  Although Tillie is OCD about keeping her puppies spotless, this bed keeps the pups warm, provides excellent traction for those little legs and is very soft for cushioning. I love that it is machine washable.



4 comments:

  1. Ya, I know - I adore them too and Tillie is such a good subject. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Neon Boy likes to cuddle with his littermates. :+)

    ReplyDelete