Monday, April 21, 2014

Pups eyes are open!

Just as I thought, on Easter Sunday (Day 16), those puppy peepers opened for the first time.  What they see is very fuzzy and it will take a few days for them to fully adjust. Until then, the puppy room will remain shaded as their eyesight develops.  Another milestone achieved! By the time I take their 3 week pics on Friday, we should see eyes. I won't use a flash however because they will still be sensitive to such brightness.

I might also add that I took out their Perla Bed that they had been in since birth and they now sleep just on the Vet Bedding. Since the weather is improving and they are now able to regulate their body temperatures, they don't need the high sides that the Perla Bed provided against drafts, etc. I did add a baby bumper around the pen to prevent little feet from getting caught in the wire posts. Once I see them wanting to move away from their bedding to potty, a litter box will be introduced.

How does one say 'relaxed'?

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Tillie and Dublin! Beautiful puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathleen! They all have fat bellies and just roll around. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my gosh, that is one content pup :) So so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all lie like this but she was the only one like this when I caught the shot. :+) She looks like an 'unstuffy' toy but that girl has quite the fat belly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha she does look like an unstuffy..but her belly looks a wee bit large when compared to the size of her little legs and tail. Looks like Tillie is keeping their bellies nice and full ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are obnoxiously fat! I find it unbelievable that they can actually move, or roll. Tillie is supplying them with high quality milk!

    ReplyDelete