Friday, April 25, 2014

Tillie and Dublin's litter are three weeks and becoming mobile.

The three week marker is always fun to watch.  The metamorphosis from practically helpless to wobbling around wows me every time.

I can tell you that I have seen Neon, Orange and Teal manage to hoist themselves up and totter to the litter box to pee! I believe Purple Girl must sneak in when I am not looking.  :+) Don't in any way think that they are already litter box trained 'cause they are not but pups DO learn at a very early stage to 'seek out a potty area' and if you provide them with one, they use it.  This makes keeping them clean easier for me (mom is still doing a superlative job!).

Soon, I should be posting pics of them having their first meal. It is always a fun shot and quite messy. Here are their 3 week old pics and weights.

Orange Boy is eating 'milk bricks' and weighs 4 lbs.!

Purple Girl is 3 1/2 lbs.

Neon Boy is at 2 1/2 lbs.

YAWN! Teal Girl weighs just about 3 lbs.  :+)

Neon Boy is still the smallest and has been tracking to be similar to his mom - and I think Teal Girl will be small as well.  Both Purple and Orange seem to be favoring their dad, Dublin and they may mature to about 35 lbs. and 19 inches in height. These are just guesses!

After they nurse from mom, there is a very short 'minute' where they are now wrestling and mingling with each other.  It is so darn cute to watch but very fleeting in duration.

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how happy these weekly updates make us to see. We are so missing our doodlie doo and can't wait to start watching a littler we can take one home from. You should take pet photography on the side, you have such a great way of catching the cutest photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I wanted to take photography classes but it really does not interest me. I stumble and bumble with my camera and hope it comes out well. I can't tell you how many retakes I do. Thanks for the compliment though! Enjoy the antics of this litter, yours will come around soon enough. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the white feet! Watching the progression of your litters never gets old, Joyce. And I'm also a fan of your photography :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kelly. My favorite markings are white chests and toes but especially a tip of white on the tail - just makes me smile. :+) Actually, all the pups have white on their feet but you can't see it much on Purple Girl because her colors are so close. Purple Girl is like an English Lab in color. I can't wait to see how lovely her coat will be as she grows.

    ReplyDelete