Friday, May 23, 2014

SEVEN WEEKS OLD!

This past week has been quite interesting for the pups. They experienced the Adventure Box.  Visitors have also come to play and cuddle with them. Both outdoor enclosed pens are now available for the pups which give them quite a bit of room to play chase and play in; and they have all mastered using the dogie door!

The gate to their indoor pen is left open all day long for them to go in or out as they please.  At this time, I placed a low gate across the entrance to the pup room that I can jump over but they cannot so entrance to the pup room is easier for me to go in and out of.  So, their world has expanded greatly. Once I disinfect the turf play area, they will have a ton of room to enjoy - that is a job for the coming week.  :+)

These pups are totally not affected by the use of my loud Craftsmen vacuum cleaner - matter of fact, most of them try to bite it (like a toy) as I move it about.  Many times, I have to shut them out of the room so I can vacuum!  They think it is the best toy ever!  Gheesh.

These pics were taken on my rocking chair outside before the rain fell again. Please note, all of the pups have now been named.

SIR WINSTON weighs 5 1/2 lbs. and will have a curly, silky coat.

MERRY 'PIPPIN' will be in a Guardian Home and also weighs 5 1/2 lbs.
Pippin will be a mini version of her dad, Dublin.

Meet DAISY! The biggest girl at 7 1/2 lbs.
Daisy's coat is very soft with a slight wave.

ELVIS weighs 8 1/2 lbs. and the heavyweight.
I expect Elvis' coat to have some softly curling waves, like his namesake.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely names, soon-to-be doodle families! I always enjoy hearing what people come up with for names. And I still get a vicarious thrill from new families taking their new pups home - what an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always excited to receive the names too, Kelly. Can't wait for the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love sir winston! Also love that dog of course as I love the blacks. Elvis the heavyweight has his boxing gloves on. Lol. Great names for great pups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is that Sir Winston's owners are lucky he is a boy because if he had been a she, they would have a different pup. I am a 'black-a-holic' too! :+)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ELVIS what a wonderful name...his striking pose elicits the tune "he ain't nothin' but a hound dog rockin' all the time" with his sock hop whites"

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true! Plus, he has a little bit of the 'lip action' going on as well. Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such adorable pups and posts. Will you be having an annabelle doodle romp this year or is it too busy with litters and everything else? Just checking to make sure I could make it if you did.

    ReplyDelete