Friday, May 16, 2014

Six Weeks Old ...and energizer bunnies!

Holy cow, I have company coming today so wanted to be sure to have their six week pics and weights up before they arrive.  I really needed coffee, not tea this morning to keep up with these babies!

Silly me, I thought taking pics in the spring gardens might be fun.  So I brought out my camera, squeaky toy and my good humor.  Oh boy....anyway, after I got lots of exercise, full of sweat and thinking 'how could I think this would be easy'...

Please note that these FOUR pics represent almost a hundred shots of pups zigging when I was zagging! It looks like all of them will be quite the explorers.  Right now, they are all napping, gheeze...wonder why.

Orange is 7 1/4 lbs. and is a happy go lucky guy.

This face speaks volumes.  Teal at 4 3/4 lbs.

Purple seems so complacent  but she is quite inquisitive.  6 1/2 lbs.

Neon was so happy to go hither and dither! He tasted several flowers.  4 3/4 lbs.

6 comments:

  1. Teal girl and Neon boy have the tiniest little faces...so adorable! I can't just imagine you scampering around the gardens shooting pics! I love it Joyce..all these puppies will keep you young and agile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the chartreuse color ground cover you were telling me about? Cute pics Joyce! Sound like they were having fun !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mary! Isn't it beautiful? It is commonly called 'Creeping Jenny' but its Latin name is Lysimmachia Nummularia. I simply think it is gorgeous. :+)

      Yes, the pups were very spirited and left no stone or plant unturned.

      Delete
  3. Lol to this whole post! You are so funny, Joyce :-) And so dedicated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kelly! The pups had a ball! Each and every one could not take their nose off the ground and cruised at high speed. Most of my time was trying to keep them from bulldozing a swath through tender plantings. It took FOREVER to catch a shot with their heads up and much patience.

    Soon, they will be able to go into the play area and have lots of room to burn off puppy energy and THEN I can take them out in the gardens for pictures. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce the pictures are very sweet nice to see the puppies are acclimated to the outside. Ours will have similar gardens nature paths to enjoy.
    The time to get the poise's must have been fun for you.

    ReplyDelete