Monday, October 6, 2014

Both litters playing together!

A couple times a day, I let both litters out together to entertain themselves.  This is wonderful for both sizes because the 'bigger' guys learn to be a bit more gentle and the 'little' guys learn to stand up for themselves as needed. I am not far away to watch the interactions and to 'listen' for any squabbles. A sharp clap from me stops them in their tracks if there is too much roughhousing.

It is definitely a spinning door around here as each litter does get their alone time outdoors as well.  I can tell you that both groups are exhausted after such a play period! Figgy's pups are all using the dogie door now and run down the ramp to chase their cousins.

All is good.  :+)

A pile of pups!

When they are grouped, I keep the gate to the play yard closed.

Size differences!

Playing nice!

Haddie is caught by surprise!

Sneak attack!

I want a turn too!

Here I come!

I give up!

4 comments:

  1. Love the shot of who I think is Lilac coming through the gate! She looks like she has really big paws. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention is that Haddie pinned on the last one? Reminds me of my brother and growing up the baby of six kids... lol

      Delete
    2. Yep, that is Miss Lilac! She is the darkest and biggest of the three girls in Fig's litter. Peach is in the middle and Lime is the smallest. Suprisingly, they hold their own with Tate's gang!

      Delete
    3. Yes, Keefer and Haddie wrestle together all the time! Haddie gave it back to him once up. :+)

      Delete