Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Tate's 10 week olds in the pumpkin wagon!

Ready for action!
The week has been incredibly busy and it will get busier as it progresses.  On Monday, Gus, Barolo and Beau had their early neuters with micro chipping and toenail clipping.  Their siblings, Keefer and Haddie had to take their microchip without anesthesia but were brave.

When I returned home with Haddie and Keefer, I had to re-arrange the pup room into 'stalls' so when the group returned, they would be two to a space similar to a crate.  This arrangement keeps them quiet for continued healing and it works quite well.  Yes, all of them complained for a couple of hours that evening but now settled down quite nicely each night.  The recovery for this early surgery is truly remarkable. The pups barely miss a beat and are ready to 'rock and roll' right after the anesthesia wears off. I do include the option for 'Laser Light Healing' to speed up the cellular repair of the incision site.

The very next day, Tuesday, I packed them all up for their trip to my CERF vet, Dr. Cassotis, for an eye exam.  I always have my pups examined to see if they have any eye disease; and before 12 weeks is the best time to see behind the eye where a severe eye disease will show up. Thankfully, none was observed on any pup. Epithelial and Persistent Pupil Membranes were noted, but those will never affect their sight or cause any eye issues. Most of them are absorbed as they mature. So a good trip with lots of 'oooohs and ahhhhs' from clients and vet techs on how cute they all are.  :+)

Today, after I spent a good part of the day breeding my mini, Hazel Mae to Emmett. On my return,  I set up a spot to take pics for the last time of Tate's group before you all pick them up on Friday and Saturday evenings. I am still working on your puppy packs but all will be done for pick ups. Tomorrow are Figgy's litter temperament tests with assignments and Sunday is a Health Clinic many of my guardian doodles will attend at my vets. I am so looking forward to Monday and a bit less 'action' here at ADNE.  :+)


Barolo, can't wait to run and play!  11 lbs.

Beau, waiting for his best friend to arrive.  9.6 lbs.

Gus, who wants to investigate every nook and cranny.  10 lbs.

Keefer thinks he is King of the Pumpkin Patch!  11 1/4 lbs.

Haddie, sitting pretty for her potential guardian home to appear.  8 1/4 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. So ...we're still too far to be a guardian home, right? :-) Yes, I already know the answer to that question, but man! She is irresistible! I think even Betty might be swayed by Haddie's total adorableness lol!

    ReplyDelete