Friday, October 10, 2014

Camden is DELIVERING.... Pic & Weight update!

Camden's second and final litter went as smooth as silk! First, we both slept all night - none of that typical 'in and out' to potty every hour on the hour. Then, she went upstairs and started pushing to whelp a pup in one of my dog's beds!  I quickly put a pee pad under her and moments later the first pup was born! Lastly, ALL the pups were born in exactly one hour and 24 minutes - a record for the fastest birth here at ADNE.  :+)

Once I cleaned up the messes, I gave Camden a quick bath and now all are happy in the whelping box. I did not get a rainbow litter but I am thankful that all seem to be healthy and thriving. Our vet visit is tomorrow morning, bright and early.  :+)  Now that Camden and her pups are all dry, I posted a pic. I will post more tomorrow. Right now, all Camden is interested in is her pups and all they are interested in is finding that warm milk!

We do have four girls of which one of them is black and three boys - two are black and one is apricot. I won't know if any of the apricots may indeed be a caramel - it takes about three weeks to know how the color DNA matched up. Now that they are dry, I see that I have two creams, hard to tell when they are wet. What a great and easy delivery.  :+)

Update:

  • #1 is a female who arrived at 8:24 am - cream in color and weighs 12 1/4 ounces. Camden really struggled to push her out but out she did come! Identified by Glitter Girl collar (white at the moment).  :+)
  • #2 arrived a MINUTE after Glitter Girl at 8:25 am and is a small black male that weighs 7 5/8 ounces. He does have a bit of a white chin and white on his chest. His collar color is Grey.
  • #3 is a black male who arrived at 8:34 am and weighed 9 3/8 ounces. She is identified with a Red Collar.
  • #4 - Blue Collar male, a cream, was born at 8:45 am and weighs 9 5/8 ounces. 
  • #5 is identified as Plum Girl and weighed 8 5/8 ounces. She was born at 9:12 am and is apricot in color.
  • #6, a black male, is Green Collar Boy and weighs 9 1/2 ounces. He was born at 9:30 am.
  • #7 is another large apricot female. Copper Girl weighed in at 10 3/4 ounces at 9:48 am.
Camden just went to town delivering these babies in record time. She is very attentive to them all. I gave her a bowl of food and she gobbled it down happily.  All is well.


8 comments:

  1. Congrats to Camden, Emmett and you! So happy everything went without a hitch! Can't wait to see the pics..and the black female :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad everything went smoothly! can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I still have not weighed everyone yet as the upstairs bedroom whelp was not in my original plans!! Once one of them falls off a nipple, I am trying to get weights. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you may have the black female you've been waiting for!

    I'm looking forward to watching this litter grow from afar. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, the one I am waiting for is from the Tillie x Emmett litter. I just don't know if she is pregnant yet. I do have my black Piper Moon, who will be bred this winter. :+)

      Delete
    2. Well, I guess that means some lucky person will get a gorgeous little black girl. Very lucky!

      I love watching the puppies on your site. You do a great job of letting us watch from afar. I'm looking forward to the Tillie X Emmett litter. Those should be some stunning pups. And I really like Piper Moon. Do you have any idea who you are breeding her with?

      Delete
    3. Hi Deb,

      Oh I am praying sooo hard that Tillie has a litter and my black and white girl is among them. :+)

      Piper will be bred to Dublin for mediums in reds and blacks.

      Delete
    4. A black and white parti would be gorgeous. I will cross my fingers for you :)

      I think a Piper X Dublin match would be terrific. Blacks are my absolute favorite, but a nice dark red would be lovely too. I love Piper's coat. I think she and Sundog have the same coat.

      Delete